Nasim Aghdam, 39 who shot three staff at YouTube’s HQ before killing herself had feud against the site

Nasim Aghdam, 39 who shot three staff at YouTube’s HQ before killing herself had feud against the site


The woman who opened fire on three people before killing herself at YouTube’s California headquarters has been identified as a frequent user of the site who was furious with the company for their ‘dictatorial’ new policies.

Nasim Aghdam, 39, shot a man and two women with a handgun when she stormed YouTube’s headquarters in San Bruno on Tuesday afternoon.

Aghdam was a prolific YouTuber who had ranted online against the company’s new policies and accused them of censoring her videos.

Witnesses say Aghdam was wearing glasses and a scarf when she managed to walk onto the YouTube campus and open fire on employees in what now appears to be a random shooting.

Law enforcement officials had initially said the shooting was being investigated as a domestic dispute after early indications suggested she had shot her boyfriend.

Aghdam, who was a self-described animal rights activist and ‘vegan bodybuilder’, had a significant online presence with multiple YouTube channels and social media pages.

In a video that Aghdam posted back in January 2017, she vented about her content being ‘discriminated and filtered’. She also said that her YouTube channel, which had more than 5,000 subscribers, used to get many views but claimed she started getting less when the company started ‘filtering’ her videos.

Aghdam’s YouTube channels and social media pages were all removed in the hours after the shooting.

Her father Ismail Aghdam told the Bay Area News Group that he had warned police his daughter hated YouTube and she might be headed to their headquarters.

He had reported her missing from Southern California on Monday morning after she went two days without answering her phone. Ismail said police contacted him at about 2am on Tuesday to say they had found her sleeping in her car roughly 470 miles from her home town.

Ismail said police told him that everything was ‘in control’ but he told them she had spoken of her hatred of YouTube in recent weeks.

Hours later at about 1pm, officers and federal agents swarmed YouTube’s headquarters after dozens of panicked employees called 911 to report gunfire.

When they arrived, police found Aghdam dead from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said three people were taken to hospitals in San Francisco with gunshot wounds.

A 36-year-old man was in critical condition, a 32-year-old woman was in serious condition and a 27-year-old woman was in fair condition following the shooting.

Television news footage showed terrified employees leaving the building in a line, holding their arms in the air for police to inspect as they were leaving the building.

Officers patted down people to make sure none had weapons as police vehicles surrounded the area.

Source – Daily Mail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Responsive WordPress Theme Freetheme wordpress magazine responsive freetheme wordpress news responsive freeWORDPRESS PLUGIN PREMIUM FREEDownload theme free